The Left Tar and Feather Tea Party Activists
JAMES SIMPSON: Forgive the obscene photo of Politically Incorrect show host Bill Maher, but it serves as a stark visual testimonial to the Left’s true nature. Every day, the Left shows us with their own actions that they are exactly what they accuse conservatives and tea partiers of being.
It is astonishing that they have the gall to accuse anyone of anything. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. But then we remember that the smear and the lie is all they have. As a post at Powerline relates, “It is liberals, not conservatives, who rely on ad hominem attacks, outrageous allegations and violent imagery.” The accusations of racism and threats of violence put forth by Congressional Democrats since Saturday are straight out of the Alinsky playbook. They probaby made the calls themselves.
Thank God for talk radio and the internet. Thanks to the New Media, they can no longer do these things with impunity. As Andrew Breitbart says, “The emperor has no clothes.” The Left is being exposed for the empty fraud of a movement it is, and as that happens, they are getting increasingly desperate. Yes we do have to worry about violence. From the Left. But this is nothing new either.
Powerline describes the 2008 Republican convention in Minneapolis, where Leftist protesters:
threw bricks through the windows of buses, sending elderly convention delegates to the hospital. They dropped bags of sand off highway overpasses onto vehicles below. Fortunately, no one was killed.
As Noel Sheppard relates, the Media were AWOL. Here is a list of typical Leftist stuff:
- Air America exhorts listeners to assassinate Bush.
- Five campaign workers for Kerry arrested for slashing tires on 25 cars rented by GOP campaign workers. One of the five was the Milwaukee Mayor’s son, the other, son of a Democrat U.S. Congresswoman.
- Republican combat wounded Vietnam vet house spray-painted with the words BUSHNAZIS, American flags shredded, truck keyed.
- Leftist lawyer caught keying Marine Iraq War vet’s BMW just prior to his second deployment. (This one is priceless. You should read the outcome.)
- Senator Mary Landrieu threatens to punch President Bush (a felony.) Where was the press on that one?
- Alan Grayson says we need to “get rid of Republicans entirely.”
- Alec Baldwin screams that Rep. Henry Hyde and family should be stoned to death.
For Jim’s complete rundown on this story read his entire article at the Examiner.com